Saturday, December 31, 2011


Well, here we have arrived at the last day of 2011 - this year seems to have slipped by very quickly. It has been a good year and I thank the Lord for his kindness, care and protection through another year. Truly his grace is endless, his love unending, and his power limitless.

I am not one that is good at making or keeping resolutions but as each new year begins there are always things I hope to achieve, lifestyle adaptations I hope to live up to. As 2011 ends and 2012 is within arms length, the words that swirl through my mind for 2012 are simpler life, and embracing the common life. I would like to slow down my pace of life a bit, become more organized so that the duties that I need to do throughout my week are done with more ease, less stress. Enjoy each day in its simplicity, enjoy where the Lord has placed me at this point in my life, the tasks he has given me to do. In the summertime I read a devotion that really tugged at my heart strings, author unknown, "we cannot depend upon great events, striking circumstances, exalted moments and great occasions to measure our zeal, courage, faith, and love. These are measured by the commonplace, workaday tasks, the homely hidden paths of a common life.
When the Lord brings something great or big into our life, an answer to prayer, something tangible we can lay hold of, how easy to know we are in the centre of His will, and we feel excitement, joy, peace, at knowing this. It is the everyday tasks, the everyday jobs that are monotonous where it is easy to lose sight that we are carrying out His will just as much as those who are heading off to the mission field or other zealous pursuits.

Here at the Hollow today we are busy getting ready for guests. There is washing to be done, groceries to be bought, food to be made and fluffing to be done!

Wishing you all a very blessed New Year's Eve and a very Happy New Year!


No comments: