Friday, December 30, 2011


We woke up this morning to a blanket of snow covering everything. Nothing is prettier than freshly fallen snow and the silence it brings is like music in itself. We enjoyed a warm breakfast of oven baked bacon and gingerbread pancakes. These are lovely buttermilk pancakes with the addition of 1/4 cup molasses, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. We enjoy eating these during the holiday season.

We are still working at a slow pace here, savoring the last few days before routine and responsibilities once again beckon us. I have made sure though that I have done something useful each day, and so have set myself to organizing one thing a day. Tuesday it was cleaning out the desk drawers, Wednesday it was organizing our entertainment cabinet, Thursday it was cleaning out my writing drawer, which had become a catch all for all sorts of things. I also went through two containers of scrapbook paper and supplies and weeded out bits of paper and scraps not likely to be used. Why is it the thought of organization seems to tedious and yet when you get tucked into it, it takes surprisingly little time and the results of opening a tidy well organized desk drawer are so rewarding?

I have also taken advantage of these lovely "lazy" days and finished three blurb books from the years 2009 to 2011. This is something that I have been wanting to do for quite some time now, but haven't had the time to get it done. I am looking forward to them arriving in the post!

No comments: