Monday, January 2, 2012


It is a sunny but blustery day today. All the snow that fell at the end of last week is now gone. We have just finished a late breakfast and I have washed the dishes and tidied the kitchen. We had another decadent breakfast - I believe restraint is around the corner if I want to continue fitting into my current clothes! I tried a new recipe for baked french toast with a yummy, gooey topping of brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. It was very good, but very sweet.

It is back to routine for me tomorrow as I will be heading back to work. I have had a wonderful break and feel truly rested.

We took down the Christmas tree on Saturday as well as the other Christmas decorations. The house always seems so bare after putting away the decorations. Christmas touches in the home have such a homey, cozy feel. I still have a beautiful red poinsettia on my dining room table, as well as my Friendly Village dishes on my sideboard which will continue to be used over the winter months.

The rest of my day involves finishing up some correspondence, continuing to knit a scarf I started a few days ago, and cooking, of course!

No comments: