Monday, January 9, 2012

Goodmorning! It is another beautiful sunny morning. I need to keep reminding myself that it is winter and spring is still many weeks away! This weather has been so wonderful. I purchased a pretty little pink primrose last week at the grocery store, and it sits on my desk at work blooming beautifully. When winter decides to show up, as it inevitably does!, and we are knee deep in snow and ice, it will be a reminder that spring will come! Speaking of spring, this year I plan to start some flower seedlings indoors and transplant outside in early summer. I also am going to try "container gardening" with vegetables and plan to get creative with different types of planters, wooden boxes etc to grown them in. I would like to plant carrots, peas, potatoes, golden beets, lettuce, radishes, spring onions. I have a fairly decent sized wooden box that I have previously grown tomatoes in, which I think would work well for potatoes. I am going to keep my eyes open at thrift stores over the next few months for containers that would work for this project. I have really enjoyed watching River Cottage over the last couple of months, and it has spurred me on to trying my hand of this.

No comments: